The Spanish U-turn on Wednesday means that hundreds of children who arrived in the exclave of Ceuta during the influx of around 70,000 people at the end of July will be given the right to travel to mainland Spain.
Previously, Spain's Interior Minister Fernando Grande-Marlaska said that everyone who made it from Morocco to Spanish Ceuta would be returned to Morocco.
The new announcement came shortly after the European Commission said that all irregular migrants will be returned, including minors, reports the Spanish El País.
Spanish law also states that the state is responsible for caring for unaccompanied children under the age of 18. EU migration laws have not yet been incorporated into Spanish law.
The most vulnerable children, mainly girls, will be taken to different regions in Spain





