Israel will not withdraw from Gaza, and the reconstruction of Palestinian territories will not begin, until Hamas has been disarmed.
The US and Israel have agreed on this, Israeli government sources told AFP.
Hamas, which is designated a terrorist organization, has not commented on the reports. The group's leader, Khalil al-Hayya, met with Kushner in Cairo on Sunday.
Supervised by general
Netanyahu earlier in August rejected the Gaza plan praised by US President Donald Trump and the document presented by Trump's peace council - the so-called "Board of Peace". And what is now said to have been agreed only partially follows the peace plan.
One of the 15 points in the document states that a newly formed non-political Palestinian group (NCAG) will take care of the weapons Hamas must hand over.
But during Monday's meeting, Netanyahu demanded, according to AFP, that this work be supervised by an American general, and that the weapons be destroyed and not end up in Palestinian hands, to which Kushner reportedly agreed.
Up to Hamas
Netanyahu's office said Israel agreed to establish two working groups focused on demilitarizing Gaza and providing humanitarian aid to the area. The Peace Council, according to The Times of Israel, praised the meeting, saying it showed Israel was giving the US plan a chance.
"We agreed with the Prime Minister on a way forward. Israel will give this a chance. Now it is up to Hamas to show that they truly intend to follow (the agreement)," the council wrote in a statement.





