Last week, the police gave the go-ahead for Yasin to perform at the festival. During Thursday, a new assessment of the security situation surrounding the performance was made and the police withdrew the part of the permit that concerned Yasin.
One cannot carry out the performance without significant danger to those present and the artist himself, said the police's press spokesperson Thomas Johansson to TT in connection with the message.
Ylva Schnorrenberger is part of the festival management and states that they already on Thursday managed to find a replacement.
It's Jireel. We will offer a fantastic festival anyway and we have found a fantastically good replacement with short notice, she says.
Those who have bought tickets to the festival in the hope of seeing Yasin will not be offered a refund.
All ticket sales we do is to the festival as a whole and not to individual artists and there are clear rules. What you can do is change the day, she says and adds that it does not apply to VIP tickets that are sold out.
Two previously planned concerts with Yasin this year have had to be cancelled. This includes a performance at Brännbollsyran in Umeå at the end of May that was cancelled due to a threat. The message came after the police revealed a murder plan against the rapper and arrested two people.