The Borås District Court will take a position on the boy's guilt in a trial, but since he is a minor, no charges will be brought, instead, a so-called evidence investigation will be conducted.
In the investigation, no connections between the boy and the victim have been found, and he is suspected of having committed the act completely unprovoked. He is also said to have spread a film showing the assault via social media.
He films or livestreams the knife assault himself, says prosecutor Louise Bremander.
Högs i ryggen
The act appears to have been planned, according to the prosecutor.
Based on what has emerged from the investigation, my opinion is that there were certain prior plans to commit a violent act.
It was on January 4 this year that the 55-year-old woman was attacked when she was walking her dog in the area where she lives.
In the darkness, she heard someone approaching before she received what she thought was a hard blow to her back. When she turned around, she saw that the attacker, a boy, was holding up his phone. It wasn't until the woman got home that she discovered she had been stabbed in the back. The knife had gone in deep and punctured her lung.
No other suspects
The boy was arrested the same evening. According to the investigation, he has certain connections to the international violence-approving network "764" and the related branch "No lives matter" (NLM). Two similar knife assaults were committed by another 14-year-old boy in Hässelby last year – also with connections to the movement.
If this was a motive for the act or part of what led up to the act, I cannot answer now. We'll simply have to listen to what the young person says in the trial, says Louise Bremander.
There are no other suspects in the case.
It's just the young person who figures and who we have as the identified person.
Through his lawyer, the boy has claimed that he was afraid that he or his family would be harmed if he didn't commit the knife assault, as reported by SVT Väst.