The 16-year-old was shot late on Tuesday evening, July 9, last year, near a pedestrian tunnel in Bagarmossen. He was taken to hospital where he later died.
Two teenagers, 17 and 15 years old, have been detained since July last year, suspected of involvement in the murder. On Tuesday, they were charged with, among other things, murder and accessory to murder of the 16-year-old boy.
Three crimes
The charges concern three crimes, which were committed between July 7 and 9, 2024, says prosecutor Daniel Insulander.
It consists of a shooting on the soccer field in Bagarmossen on July 7, a preparatory act for murder that takes place in parallel between July 7 and 9 or 10. And then there is the murder that takes place on July 9. We claim that these are acts that take place in a criminal context.
Media reports have suggested that the murder may have been a so-called mistaken shooting, i.e., that the perpetrator took the wrong person. According to Insulander, it is difficult to say whether that was the case based on the investigation.
I cannot say whether it was that way or not, he says.
The prosecutor says that there are people in the boy's vicinity who are criminals, but it is not possible to say whether he himself belonged to any network.
Västernorrland
Both the accused teenagers are from Västernorrland. The 17-year-old who allegedly held the weapon was at the time of the murder absent from a foster home, where he was placed according to the law with special provisions for the care of young people, LVU.
None of the accused have any direct connection to the 16-year-old who was murdered.
Not what we have been able to see, in any case. However, one of them, I claim, has connections to Skarpnäck/Bagarmossen, not that he lives there, but there are connections.
The accused have previously denied the crime