Trump told reporters at the White House on Monday that he had agreed to continue talks with Iran at the request of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar and other countries.
Iran's Foreign Ministry has denied that negotiations with Washington are taking place, but Trump insists they are.
"We're talking right now," he said on Monday.
“One last chance”
He further said that this was the last chance for Iran to get a good deal and said that he "wants to give them one last chance before beheading."
The talks are focused on reopening the Strait of Hormuz, which Trump says could happen “literally tomorrow,” and Iranian nuclear disarmament, which “could take a little while.”
The government in Tehran, however, says that the only talks underway are with Oman and concern the future administration of traffic through the Strait of Hormuz.
"Right now we are not negotiating with the United States," said Esmaeil Baqaei, spokesman for Iran's Foreign Ministry, earlier on Monday.
The blockade remains
In a post on Truth Social, Trump accuses Iran of being “deceptive” and writes that the US blockade of the Strait of Hormuz will remain until an “agreement, or complete surrender” is reached.
Meanwhile, pro-regime Iranian media report that Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi spoke on the phone on Monday for the second time in 24 hours with his Saudi counterpart Faisal bin Farhan Al Saud and Pakistan's army chief Asim Munir. The latter has previously played a leading role as a mediator between Iran and the United States.
On Sunday, Trump said he called off an attack on Iran that would have been "the biggest attack since World War II," after a phone call with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.





