The derby between Örgryte and IFK Göteborg had already been interrupted once in the first half when play was stopped again due to a fire in the away stands.
About 80 minutes later, after a long meeting of match officials, the announcement came that the match would not be resumed.
According to Magnus Åberg, the interruption was preceded by several different events.
"It's about the fact that on several occasions open fires have been started in the stands. We also have an incident where a few supporters prevented the police from acting in the event of an illness. It's completely unacceptable," he says.
"Blue and white" critical
The derby will resume at 3pm on Tuesday, in front of empty stands.
IFK Göteborg, who are leading 2-1 heading into the match, are sharply critical of the fact that the match was not completed on Monday evening.
Magnus Åberg disagrees.
"The organizer has assessed that the measures it took and the measures it could possibly take would not be sufficient to ensure continued order and safety," he says.
"The organizer chose instead to cancel the match. It is a decision that the Police Authority fully supports."
Police officer injured
In connection with the unrest in the stands, a police officer was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation, but was able to leave the hospital later in the evening.
"After receiving some care, he was able to leave the hospital in the evening and is doing well under the circumstances," says Magnus Åberg.
The derby was the first in the Allsvenskan between the two Gothenburg clubs in 17 years. However, it began with ten minutes of silence from the supporters, in protest against the police in Region Väst's new working methods, including increased presence in the stands.
However, Magnus Åberg does not want to comment on the police's methods at this time.
"I just want to comment on yesterday's match. So we'll settle for that," he says.





