Donald Trump has said that Moscow has agreed to a week-long pause in its attacks on Ukrainian energy networks. According to the Kremlin, Moscow has been asked to pause until Sunday, but it is unclear when the request was made.
"I can say that President Trump actually made a personal request to President Putin to refrain from striking Kyiv for a week until February 1," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.
High-rise building without heating
In the attack on Friday night, an industrial building and a residential building in Zaporizhia were hit, but according to the Ukrainian newspaper Kyiv Post, no energy facilities were damaged.
However, energy facilities in several regions were hit on Thursday, wrote Volodymyr Zelenskyy on X. Nearly 400 high-rise buildings in Kyiv lacked heat on Friday morning, according to the president.
Russian attacks in recent days have left millions of residents without heat in bitter cold. Temperatures are expected to reach near -30 degrees Celsius in Kyiv next week, according to AFP.
Inviting Putin
On Sunday, trilateral talks between Russia, Ukraine and the United States will resume in Abu Dhabi.
The crucial question there is whether Ukraine will agree to withdraw all forces from the areas in Donbass that remain under Ukrainian control, a demand by Russia that the US, according to information this week, is linking to security guarantees for Ukraine.
"So far we have not been able to find any compromises," Zelenskyy said at a press conference on Friday.
He opposes the idea of peace negotiations in Moscow, which he says Vladimir Putin has proposed.
"I might as well invite him to Kyiv, let him come. I'll invite him, if he dares," he said.





