The Vaccin Direkt chain saw a 450 percent increase in the number of doses on Wednesday compared with the same time last year.
We see a strong connection with the outbreak, says Charlotta Zacharias, a doctor at Vaccin Direkt, to TV 4 Nyheterna .
So far, 21 cases of measles linked to Urkult in Västernorrland have been reported. Those who have then turned to Vaccin Direkt are mainly people born in the 1970s and earlier who have not received two doses in the vaccination programme. Even young people are booking appointments.
People born after 1980, who were actually offered two doses of measles vaccine in the programme but who for various reasons have not completed these vaccinations, says Zacharias.





