"We are in the final stages," Trump told reporters outside the presidential plane on Wednesday.
In typical Trump fashion, he added: “We’ll see what happens.” Trump also warned again that the US is prepared to launch new strikes against Iran.
Either we'll get a deal or we'll do things that are a little unpleasant, but hopefully that won't happen.
The statements helped push global stock markets higher and sent oil prices down on hopes that the war might be coming to an end.
Later, Esmaeil Baqaei, spokesman for Iran's Foreign Ministry, confirmed that the latest version of the US draft agreement had been submitted via Pakistani mediators.
"We have received the points from the American side and we are currently reviewing them," he said on state-controlled television.
Israel's defense chief Eyal Zamir said in a separate meeting with Israeli commanders that the country's forces are "on high alert and ready for any possible development," according to a social media post by the military.
“A war of wills”
Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf, the speaker of Iran's parliament and chief negotiator, said in turn that Iranian forces are preparing a "forceful response" to any new attacks.
"Iran will never give in to threats, not under any circumstances," he said in an audio message broadcast on Iranian state media.
According to Ghalibaf, Iran's assessment is that Washington wants to resume the war.
The enemy's movements, both overt and covert, show that despite economic and political pressure, it has not abandoned its military goals and is trying to start a new war.
At the same time, Ghalibaf acknowledged that the Iranian people are also under heavy pressure and called for "national unity."
Today, it is clearer than ever that we are engaged in a war of wills. Whoever wins this war will write Iran's history and determine its future.
Ships were allowed to pass
Iran's Revolutionary Guards said in a statement that 26 commercial vessels were allowed to pass through the Strait of Hormuz in the past 24 hours, including oil tankers and container ships.
Last week, over 30 ships were allowed to pass through the strait, according to the Guards.
Iran is blocking maritime traffic through the waterway but is allowing ships from certain countries to pass.





