At least 19 killed in new Israeli airstrikes in southern Lebanon

Published:

At least 19 killed in new Israeli airstrikes in southern Lebanon
Photo: Mustafa Jamalddine/AP/TT

Among the dead are ten people in a town in the Tyre district in the southwest of Lebanon, including three children.

In parallel, Iran-backed Hezbollah said in a statement that it had clashed with Israeli forces trying to advance toward Haddatha. According to the statement, an Israeli tank was destroyed.

The Israeli military, in turn, said incoming drones from Hezbollah had been shot down over northern Israel.

An Israeli soldier was also killed on Tuesday, according to the military, bringing the total number of soldiers killed since operations in Lebanon escalated on March 2.

During the same period, over 3,000 people have been killed in Lebanon by Israeli attacks, according to Lebanese data.

Loading related articles...

Tags

Author

TT News AgencyT
By TT News AgencyEnglish edition by Sweden Herald, adapted for our readers

Keep reading

Loading related posts...