US urges Iran to accept Trump's proposal in nuclear talks

Published:

US urges Iran to accept Trump's proposal in nuclear talks
Photo: Evan Vucci/AP/TT

It would be "very wise" for Iran to agree to Donald Trump's proposal in negotiations with the United States. That is the message from the White House.

Diplomacy is “always President Trump’s first option,” says White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt, adding that “it would be very wise for Iran” to reach an agreement.

Otherwise, the message is that the US may attack Iran.

"There are many arguments to be made for an attack," Leavitt says.

This week's indirect talks in Geneva on the Iranian nuclear program yielded "some success," but the parties are far apart, she says.

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said earlier on Wednesday that Tehran is working on a draft of what an agreement with the United States could look like.

A date for a new meeting in the nuclear talks has not been set.

Loading related articles...

Tags

Author

TT News AgencyT
By TT News AgencyEnglish edition by Sweden Herald, adapted for our readers

More news

Loading related posts...