Three more measles cases after Urkult festival, total rises to 24

Published:

Three more measles cases after Urkult festival, total rises to 24
Photo: Fredrik Sandberg/TT och Anette Brännvall/TT

A total of 24 cases have now been reported in the ongoing outbreak. The first cases were reported on Saturday.

"The majority of cases are children under 18 years of age," the Public Health Agency writes in a press release, adding that most of those infected are unvaccinated.

Cases have previously been reported from Jämtland Härjedalen, Skåne, Stockholm, Västerbotten, Gotland, Värmland and Västernorrland. Now the infection has also been detected in Västra Götaland and Sörmland.

One of the new cases is a student at a large upper secondary school in Gothenburg.

We have just sent out information to staff and all students, says education manager Bo Drysén to GP.

The person is linked to the measles outbreak discovered after the Urkult festival earlier in August.

According to Drysén, they received confirmation on Wednesday evening that a student had been found to be infected and that the student had been at school during the week.

The student has been at school since the start. The information available now is that the student has been doing well, says the head of education.

The school is open as usual and follows the recommendations given by the Swedish Public Health Agency.

Loading related articles...

Tags

Author

TT News AgencyT
By TT News AgencyEnglish edition by Sweden Herald, adapted for our readers

Keep reading

Loading related posts...